Deteriorating physical health can be a sign of unbalanced physiology. While a number of programs in gyms provide Pilates training, very few are qualified to the standards of our clinical knowledge. Our instructors have completed their training in the formal field of Pilates and convey strong dedication to their patients.
For those looking for Pilates classes in the Fitzroy area, our Clinical Pilates is a great alternative to your average gym. Designed to accommodate your specific needs, we conduct a thorough assessment of your physiology, offering a personal approach to traditional Pilates training. With a focus on rehabilitation and prevention, these programs can target specific areas generating effective results, and at the same time, minimising the risk of injury due to re- aggravation.
Reformer Pilates Fitzroy
Our Reformer Pilates program, Function Fit, is a wholesome combination of Clinical Pilates and Full Body Training exercises, designed to enhance your strength, improve your flexibility, and increase your stamina while addressing the causes of your pain.
The first step of this program is to perform a Comprehensive Functional Assessment. With a thorough examination of your physiology, we will be able to create an improved, more effective plan. Secondly, we will ensure that there is ample room for you to meet your goals within this program. In the end we will prepare an individual plan meeting your specific needs. Because all of our plans are tailored and individual, we are confident in the success of results through our unique approach.
How do we work
In order to provide our individually tailored approach, we always begin with a Comprehensive Assessment. This ensures that our osteopath can prepare a plan that specifically meets your needs.
Your unique plan will draw primarily from your particular needs and will be implemented through one-on- one sessions or group sessions. At Melbourne Osteohealth, we give our patients a choice of private, semi-private or group classes so that you can choose whichever suits your schedule. We do request that you attend at least two sessions per week to ensure valuable results.
We recommend attending at least two sessions per week because we know this generates the most reliable results.
Clinical Pilates is great for a whole range of common problems:
- Knee injuries including ligament tears, running & sport injuries
- Shoulder injuries like rotator cuff tears, tendonitis & impingement
- Arthritis, Spondyloarthropathy and Spondylolisthesis
- Low back pain, sciatica and pinched nerves
- Hip injuries like labral tears, bursitis and arthritis
- Disc bulges and herniations in the back and neck
- Whiplash, neck pain and headaches
- Postural problems, thoracic and rib pain
- Pelvic instabilities and pregnancy related pain
- Fracture and trauma rehabilitation
- Foot and ankle pain, including plantar fasciitis
- Pre-and post-surgical rehabilitation