The Movember campaign focuses on three of the major health concerns for men: prostate cancer, testicular cancer, and mental health disorders and suicide. The campaign funds over 1,250 projects including research and training programs targeting the health issues facing boys and men. Awareness and education is still the key in combating the closed nature of ‘masculine’ culture. Promoting positive attitudes towards health and well-being helps erode current male attitudes towards health.
Health problems are multifaceted and complex, and they often take a team of health professionals to manage and treat. Here at Melbourne Osteohealth we have a team of skilled and experienced Osteopaths and Exercise Physiologists who can help you treat and manage a whole range of physical and mental health challenges. We also run the Inner North Allied Health and Medical Network to ensure we can help you find, connect and coordinate with any other health care providers you might need.
Exercise is a key component to good health and mental health
- Exercise promotes the release of feel-good chemicals in your brain, like endorphins and serotonin.
- It helps you sleep better so you rest fully at night and feel more energised during the day.
- Gives you a sense of accomplishment as your fitness improves and you start achieving your goals.
- Exercise is often a shared activity with others so you get the added benefits of social connection.
Regardless of your current state of health, our team can help you achieve your physical activity goals and improve your health. Exercise Physiology is an excellent form of prehabilitation (before treatment) and rehabilitation (after treatment) for a wide range of illnesses, injuries, surgeries and even cancers.
Some excellent work done by Australian researchers has shown exercise in cancer patients can:
- Reverse muscle loss
- Reverse bone mineral density loss
- Improve energy levels
If you are having any health concerns and think you may benefit from Osteopathy, Exercise Physiology or Massage feel free to call us on 8370 3044 to learn more.