Skip to content
10 Healthy Back Tips
- Exercise Regulary – Exercise doesn’t have to be strenuous. Something as simple as a daily walk can make a huge difference.
- Eat A Healthy Diet – Proper nutrients means your body has the building blocks to help repair itself
- Maintain Good Posture – Are you sitting up straight as you read this?
- Stretch Your Spine Before And After Sports – This will also help to loosen up the surrounding muscles
- Don’t Overload Your Backpack Or Purse – Remember to carry it over both shoulders to balance the load (if possible).
- Stretch Your Legs And Back After Each Hour Of Sitting – Whether in a car or at a desk, stretching regularly will help to keep you from tightening up or injuring yourself further.
- Never Cradle The Phone Between Your Neck And Shoulder – use the speaker function on your phone or get a head set if you need to do two things at one.
- Sleep On Your back Or Side, Not On Your Stomach – This helps to keep your spine in line and reduces the risk of hurting your neck while you sleep
- Invest In A Good Chair, Pillow And Mattress – When you think about the amount of time you use these things each day, it’s worth it.
- Book in a maintenance visit with your Osteo – It’s much easier to prevent a problem than to correct one. http://www.melbourneosteohealth.com/benefits-maintenance-treatments/