What is an Exercise Physiologist?
An Accredited Exercise Physiologist (AEP) is a university-trained allied health professional, accredited by Exercise and Sport Science Australia (ESSA).
AEPs are experts in the field of illness and injury rehabilitation, and are trained in the most effective exercise for specific illness and injuries. They use movement and exercise to achieve specific health outcomes… diabetes, back or joint pain, hypertension… there’s an exercise protocol for that!
They prescribe exercise in much the same way your doctor prescribes medicine, where the type and dose are customised to you and your condition.
Why See an Accredited Exercise Physiologist?
Research has shown many benefits of AEP in the management of your health and fitness:
- Reduced risk of fatal heart attacks by up to 50%
- Recover from cancer treatment quicker
- Improve breathing in those with lung disease by 70%
- Reduced risk of type 2 diabetes by almost 60%
- Reduce symptoms of anxiety and depression
- Improve recovery rate after surgery
- Reduce pain and increase movement of those with osteoarthritis
- Help manage chronic pain
Our AEPs are registered with Medicare, the Department of Veterans’ Affairs, WorkCover, the NDIS and are recognised by most private health funds.
What we treat
We work with people of all shapes, sizes, ages and abilities. If you want to improve your health and fitness or you are living with a chronic injury, disease or disability; we can help.
We can help manage a wide range of conditions and injuries, but we often see:
- Acute and chronic back and joint pain & injury
- Cardiovascular disease like heart disease and hypertension
- Diabetes and pre- diabetes
- Asthma and COPD
- Workplace and motor vehicle injuries
- Stroke and acquired brain injuries
- Developmental delays
- Arthritis and osteoporosis
- Cancer and multiple sclerosis
Why Choose Us?
“We’ve made it our mission to provide the best quality care we possibly can; every patient, every time!”
If at any time, you are not satisfied with our care or service, contact us and we’ll happily arrange a free second opinion with another MOH practitioner.
Want to book an appointment?
If you would like to book in for an assessment with one of our AEPs, please click here.
If you can’t find a time that’s convenient just give us a call and we’ll be happy to help you.
Still not sure?
If you’re not sure if we can help or what type of treatment you might need, book in for a free 15 minute pain and injury assessment and we’ll help get you on track to recovery.