Who we see
At Melbourne Osteohealth, we provide Clinical Pilates and Clinical Rehabilitation for a wide range of people.
We often see:
- People recovering from surgery like discectomy or laminectomy, joint reconstructions and cesarean sections
- Women who experience pelvic girdle pain, hip pain or low back pain following childbirth
- Athletes at all levels of competition
- Elderly people who are interested in developing strength and flexibility, and falls prevention training
- People who work long hours at their desk, looking to improve their posture and mobility
Our Clinical Rehabilitation services are suitable for people from many different walks of life and with a broad variety of complaints.
What we treat
Rehabilitation is a crucial part of any recovery program for musculoskeletal injury, pain and dysfunction.
- Acute injuries – muscle tears and tendonitis, joint sprains and dislocations
- Back & neck pain- disc bulges, muscle spasms, pinched nerves
- Chronic pain conditions – fibromyalgia, complex regional pain syndrome and chronic back pain
- Postural imbalances from poor workplace ergonomics
- Headaches and migraines
- Acute and chronic sports injuries
How we treat
Our Osteopaths and Exercise Physiologists are skilled in the use of exercise prescription to relieve pain and improve your physical health and performance.
We utilise an evidence-based approach for our Clinical Pilates and Rehabilitation Services, incorporating a number of exercise based interventions:
- Clinical Pilates – to help develop core strength and control, and for the fine-tuning of how you move
- Functional Mobility – to improve your flexibility and joint range of motion
- Resistance Training – to build muscle strength and neuromuscular control
- Neurodynamic Techniques – to normalise nerve mobility and decrease sensitivity, which can be helpful following spinal disc and nerve pathology
- Proprioceptive Training – to help improve your balance and prevent the risk of falls
At Melbourne Osteohealth, we offer a comprehensive program that gives you access to quality care at an affordable price. Depending on your specific clinical need, we offer one-on-one sessions and small group classes.
Function: the first part of our program is designed to get you back to the functional capacity you need for daily life.
One of our osteopaths will perform a comprehensive assessment to determine your current condition and capacity and to map out plan to get you back doing the things you need to be.
Fit: the second part of our program is designed to offer you continuing rehabilitation and high quality strength & fitness classes.
Our Exercise Physiologists specialise in the delivery of rehabilitative exercise and lifestyle programs and will create a safe environment for you to further develop your health and fitness.
Click here find out more about Function Fit, Fee structures and Timetables.
Why Choose Us?
“We’ve made it our mission to provide the best quality care we possibly can; every patient, every time!”
If at any time, you are not satisfied with our care or service, contact us and we’ll happily arrange a free second opinion with another MOH practitioner.
Want to book an appointment?
If you would like to book in for an assessment with one of our Osteopaths, please click here.
If you can’t find a time that’s convenient just give us a call and we’ll be happy to help you.
Still not sure?
If you’re not sure if we can help or what type of treatment you might need, book in for a free 15 minute pain and injury assessment and we’ll help get you on track to recovery.